Class B CDL

A Class B commercial driver license is required to operate:

  • A single vehicle with a GVWR of 26,001 lbs. or heavier.
  • Any vehicle as described above that is towing another vehicle weighing UP TO 10,000 lbs.

As with Class A licenses, you may be required to possess specific endorsements to operate some vehicles with a Class B license. Some of the vehicles you may be allowed to operate (with the right endorsement) include:

  • Straight trucks.
  • Large buses, including:
    • City buses.
    • Tourist buses.
    • School buses.
  • Segmented buses.
  • Box trucks, such as:
    • Delivery drivers.
    • Couriers.
    • Furniture delivery.
  • Dump trucks with small trailers.

In addition, a Class B license may allow you to operate some Class C vehicles if you possess the correct endorsements.